Zeynep Kaynar is an independent visual artist. Currently, she is living and working in Finland.
Zeynep Kaynar (b.1992, Samsun) received her MA (Hons) Degree in Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design from Sabanci University. Her artistic work investigates the methodology of problem-solving through artistic production: She looks into issues of interest with creative, artistic research methods through her studio practice.
- Ebb and Flow, Solo Exhibition. 2018, Sabanci University, Istanbul.
Selected Exhibitions and Publications
- Group Exhibition. 2021, Sakıp Sabancı Museum, Istanbul.
- Emma Cocker, Alexander Damianisch, Lena Séraphin, Cordula Daus, ‘LANGUAGE-BASED ARTISTIC RESEARCH (SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP)‘, Research Catalogue (2020) https://www.researchcatalogue.net/view/835089/1019933/2446/0 [accessed 06/12/2020]
- Akbank 36th Contemporary Artists Prize Exhibition. 2018, Akbank Sanat Contemporary Art Gallery, Istanbul.
- Red Bull Art Around Arnavutköy, Public Art Project and Exhibition. 2018, Arnavutköy, Istanbul.
- Thematic Residencies: Rural Tendencies Tested. Group Exhibition 2018, Im De Ruimte and (Re)Union Lisbon, Ghent, Belgium.
- A Close Reading of Volkan Aslan’s Home Sweet Home. 2017, 12 Articles on Art, British Council & Mixer Art Space, Book Chapter, Istanbul.
- Base: Platform for Emerging Artists. 2017, Group Exhibition, Private Galata Greek School, Istanbul.
- Der Grief: Guest Room: Selection by Hester Keijser, Online Exhibition.2017, dergrief-online.de/guest-room/hester-keijser/
- Woman Artists: Yayoi Kusama, Consistency in Yayoi Kusama’s visual language and how she has characterized her style by examining three major works. 2016, Articles for Women Artists Class of 2016 Spring, Istanbul.
- The invisibility of Sculptures in Public Places. 2015, ArtNiyet Magazine, Sabanci University Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design Department Journal Article, Istanbul.
- Divergence. 2015, Group Exhibition, FASSArt Gallery, Sabanci University, Istanbul.
Yonca Keremoğlu, ‘Radarımızdaki 10 Sanatçı’, Time Out Istanbul (Kasım/November 2020), http://dergi.timeoutistanbul.com/kasim-2020/#p=16
Altuğ, Evrim. “36 yaşındaki ‘Günümüz Sanatçıları’”. Gazete Duvar. July 11, 2018 https://www.gazeteduvar.com.tr/yazarlar/2018/07/01/36-yasindakigunumuz-sanatcilari/
Ertan, Nazlan. “Turkey’s aspiring young artists seek base of their own”. Al-Monitor. January 2018 https://www.almonitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/01/turkeys-young-artists-showcasework.html